Monday, August 11, 2008

What a great swim meet last night


I've been actively knitting while I watch the Olympics, especially when I get home from work. The best event last night I watched was when the Americans beat France in the Mens 4x 100m relay. We got the gold, and broke the world record, which is unbelieveable knowing that we were the underdogs for the event. But the boys just wanted to show up to France, after everything they said about the Americans.

Here's a picture of my sock. It's knitted in KnitPicks Palette in the color Lipstick (a very nice red). The pattern and sock are apart of the Olympic Yarn Smackdown that I'm also participating in. The pattern is called Swimming Slowly Socks by Helen Waittes.

I started it Friday night while watching the Open ceremony, and I can't believe I'm already on the heel of my first sock. I'm planning to get this first sock done tonight, while watching more Olympics.

No comments: